- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cups diced turnip
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, canned tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken or beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots, onions, turnip, tomatoes, noodles, and garlic.
- Add both and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add cabbage and beans.
- Cook covered until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Stir lemon juice.
- Garnish each bowl full with parsley and parmesan cheese, if desired.