Recipe: Egg Noodles with Chicken Paprika – serves 4
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup chicken broth, heated
- 1/2 pack broad or medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat, saute chicken with mushrooms, onions and garlic, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour and paprika, cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add broth, cook and stir until bubbly and thickened. Simmer covered, 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Stir sour cream into chicken sauce, heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve sauce over noodles.